About this project
The twinning program provides a framework and semi-public organizations in the beneficiary countries to work with their counterparts in the member states to facilitate the transportation, enforcement and implementation of EU legislation.
Twinning projects set out to deliver specific, guaranteed results. The parties agree in advance on a detailed work plan to meet an objective concerning priority areas on the acquis, as set out in the Accession Partnerships.
The working method
This Twinning project supports the Georgian Civil Aviation Agency in meeting the demands to further improve aviation safety and security in Georgia according to provisions of international agreements, especially the convention on International Civil Aviation, The EU’s acquis communautaire and further international agreements to which Georgia is party.
Short term experts from Austria and Croatia will cooperate with beneficiary institution over the 21 months duration of the project in order to:
- Bring the Georgian acts and ordinances in the fields of aviation in line with the EU legislation.
- Develop/Revise manuals and procedures
- Identify training needs
- Provide specific training for GCAA personnel
- Compare similar aviation agency structures and working methods during visits at the EU member states
- Empower the structures and strength of the GCAA to allow it to ensure the effective implementation of the EU aviation legislation in accordance with the CAA-A
- Identify all remaining EU aviation legislation for which the implementation has not been completed yet by Georgia in accordance with the CAA-A and
develop/update a regulatory program for such
- Enable the legislative system of Georgia to easily adopt and implement new and upcoming European aviation legislation as a matter of normal operation
- Identification of draft/updated regulations as priority in accordance with the EU aviation legislation
- Establishment of a legal mechanism and relating legal amendments for fast track adoption procedure applicable to new or modified European Civil Aviation requirements (regulations, directives, decisions, AMCs, Guidance Materials and Certification Specifications), to allow Georgia to react in a timely and comprehensive manner
- Establishment of a continuous progress monitoring system to follow GCAAs actions, built on transparent and focused indicators ensuring effective execution of the concepts, frameworks, regulations, policies and procedures after their adoption.
The twinning project is a joint cooperation between:
Georgian Civil Aviation Agency
Austro Control GmbH
Croatian Civil Aviation Agency